This week has been a mixed bag of incredible lows and hilarious highs and finally, tonight i have had the time and space to clear my head and now write about it.
This week included the following:
– A hideous german test (study occurred too little too late)
– The anxious return of a horridly written german essay. (so…yeah…no points for trying?)
– An inciteful look at Ephemeral Art ( I created a burning log)
– A debate on the nature and purpose of photography whilst sitting on the floor of an Art school. (pretty tops)
– A shocker of a day in the darkroom
– Exposed photo-paper
– Volleyball (my sanity, my light in a world of darkness – seriously)
– My boyfriends 25th birthday!(may he age gracefully)
– The arrival of his accordian (no joke, its brilliant!)
– And lastly, the passing of my driving test!! (little late-BUT I PASSED!)
It has been quite a week. I have not always been proud of how I have handled it, I have broken down and cried or come horrendously close to snapping my load at someone. Life isn’t as easy sometimes as I wish it would be. There are some difficult decisions which have to be make and scary realities that have to be faced in order to get on with life. I have had things weighing heavily on me somedays and others I have no cares in the world. I now realise just how much work is involved in doing two degrees. Though one is extremely fun, it is also a lot of hardwork. And learning a language via osmosis doesn’t work either, not unless I’m willing to put in the hard work- good lesson, one which I wish I had come to realise sooner.
However, in all of these sacrifices I believe will come some greater achievement. In the end when I finish, I know that I’ll be confident in my skills and that the knowledge that I will have attained is a product of my good work ethic and thirst to be constantly developing. I also know that I cannot be too hard on my self, I know that after only 5 weeks in the dark room, I can’t be expected to know, let alone practise the techniques that others have been employing for months on end.
I shall overcome these anxieties, I’m sure of it. I don’t want to rest until I’ve gotten to be the best that I can be. If that means staying back until 10- so be it. If that means sacrificing my blogging time (not that I blog that much), so be it. But one thing i will NOT sacrifice, is my tea and cardigans. My determination stops there.
on that note.
Cardigan! My recent purchase is this one, in Blue. 🙂